At first, this sounds like a mixture that doesn’t go together: Coffee and lemon. If you follow the current weight loss and fitness trends, you might have heard and seen about a new trend on TikTok about taking coffee with lemon to lose weight.
Will this lemon coffee mixture really help you to lose weight? Find out in this article.
What is coffee with lemon?
Coffee with lemon, also called lemon coffee, is a drink that is made by adding lemon juice to the coffee drink. Many who try it serve it cold and by squeezing the juice of half a lemon into a cup of black coffee.
You can also serve the drink hot. In this case, you can serve hot black coffee with a squeeze of lemon. If you like to drink coffee with milk, you should choose almond or soy milk, as they can add more creaminess to the drink.
How does lemon coffee help with weight loss?
There are a variety of foods that help activate your metabolism. Both coffee and lemon are among them. The ingredients of lemon have some useful properties in this regard, because lemon:
- provides vitamin C and citric acid, both of which are good for your health
- contains flavonoids, which have many antioxidant properties and promote detoxification
- Boosts metabolism and strengthens the immune system
- Improves your body’s ability to absorb nutrients because it slows down the digestion process, leading to higher energy conversion
At the same time, coffee can activate your metabolism because coffee does the following:
- It increases your energy level and decreases your fatigue, thanks to its stimulating agent caffeine.
- Coffee boosts metabolism. It can increase fat burning by up to 10% in overweight people and up to 29% in slim people.
- Contains a lot of antioxidants
- Provides adrenaline in the blood, increasing your physical performance during workouts
Tips: How to prepare lemon coffee for weight loss?
Taste your way to the flavor of lemon coffee. First try your coffee unsweetened with a squeeze of fresh lemon. Do you like this combination? Then you may be able to incorporate the drink into your morning breakfast ritual. If the drink is too acidic for you, there are now various sweeteners that contain no additional calories, such as stevia. If you want to focus on losing weight, make sure you reduce your calorie intake in drinks as well, and don’t use sugar or honey in your coffee.
The positive properties of coffee and lemon, when mixed, create an interesting fitness drink. Besides, the sour taste you will taste when drinking lemon coffee can wake up your mind and fight fatigue and drowsiness. However, in order for lemon coffee to support your weight loss, you should pay attention to a healthy lifestyle, healthy diet and plenty of exercise. Unfortunately, this case is like many other “secret” weight loss tips that spread quickly on the Internet. If you want to lose weight, you have to work on creating a calorie deficit, that is, you have to burn more calories than you take in through your food. Certain food combinations, such as lemon coffee, can help with this, as they support your metabolism.