- 7 foods that strengthen your immune system and viral defense
There is no better time than the current “COVID-19” lockdown time to take the strengthening …
- Healthy and productive in your home office? That’s how you make it!
- Top 7 Brain workouts good for your mental strength and health
Your brain plays a major role in almost everything that you have to do every …
- 8 main reasons why you should try Pilates
You’ve always wondered why Pilates is so popular and have never taken a course yourself? …
- 5 top reasons why businesses should implement wellness programs
If you run a business or are part of a successful business, consider integrating or …
- Pros and cons: group training vs individual training
Do you prefer to train alone or in a group? What is better for you? …
What is a Healthy Lifestyle?
A healthy lifestyle comprises very many aspects that we are often not aware of. For example, it includes the way we live our lives, including social interaction, nutrition, work, clothing and much more. A “healthy” lifestyle is therefore subjective, but it generally involves taking responsibility for one’s own health and making wise decisions that make one’s life better and healthier. The following elements are part of a healthy lifestyle:
- The consumption of healthy and nutritious food and the avoidance of junk food.
- Sufficient exercise and maintaining a healthy body mass index.
- Enough rest and sleep and no overexertion of body and mind.
- Finding an outlet for stress management, such as a relaxing hobby. This can be everything that helps you relax.
- Forgive and forget things that have hurt you in the past.
- Cultivate healthy and meaningful relationships and friendships, which consist of giving and taking. Avoid stressful relationships with people who do not understand and only take.
- Develop a healthy self-love and a positive image of yourself. Regardless of your body type, you must accept yourself. This does not mean that ambition is generally harmful. A healthy ambition can have a very positive effect on other areas of life.
- Avoid self-destructive behaviour. This includes everything that is harmful to body and mind.
- Think positively. It is okay to have negative thoughts sometimes, but it is important not to dwell on them too long. Find a way to cultivate positive thinking.
- Inner peace. It may not always be possible to be calm and happy. But at some point you should know yourself well enough to know what brings you inner peace. This is important on bad days, so that you know how to help yourself.
- Openness for your creativity. Creativity can have an extremely positive effect on many areas of life. Encourage your creativity with activities and hobbies that you enjoy and enjoy doing. This promotes your personal growth.
- Self-confidence. Too many people doubt themselves and have no confidence in their own abilities. A healthy self-confidence is important for a healthy lifestyle. You have to be convinced that you are in control of your own destiny and that you can change it.
All these elements have an influence on one’s own quality of life. It is important to know that a healthy lifestyle takes place on different levels. These include the physical, emotional and spiritual levels. These levels need to be evenly supported and balanced in order for a healthy life energy to unfold.
What can one do to stay healthy and avoid diseases?
Being healthy is not as difficult as many people think. Being aware of the part you need to contribute to good health can eliminate many health risks. If you learn to be active, eat healthily, and manage stress, you have more in your backpack than most people. Your awareness is very important if you want to stay healthy. Be aware of what you do, how you move and how you feed yourself. This consciousness changes much in your life for the better.
What is important for your “healthy consciousness”?
- Take responsibility for your health
- Eat healthy
- Deal with stress properly
- Go to health checks regularly
- Be physically active
Where can I go to when I have questions concerning my health?
Your health is very much influenced by your genes and lifestyle. If you want to get a factual and professional opinion about your state of health, consult a doctor or trainer. In any case, you should make sure that the sources of information about health are professional.