Which Equipment is Recommended to Start a Fitness Workout at Home?
Are you planning to begin your fitness workout at home? Then probably the first thing that might have come across your mind is whether or not you need to invest in a lot of equipment. With gyms closed due to the COVID-19 situation, people started to turn their own homes into their personal fitness centers. It is because working out at home eliminates the risk of contracting the disease while still improving your fitness and boosting your immune system.
The good news is that deciding to work out at home does not require you to spend thousands of dollars on equipment. Here are just some basic pieces that you can buy without breaking the bank.
- A Swiss ball – Also called yoga ball, a Swiss ball refers to a large rubber ball that you can use to train your core muscles. It comes in different sizes, so even if you are on the petite side, you will find a good Swiss ball that will fit your needs.
- A good set of dumbbells – If you do not have a lot of free space in your house for a full set of weight, or you simply cannot afford them right now, a good set of dumbbells will do nicely. If you are more into strength training rather than building muscles, increasing the amounts of repetitions that you can do using dumbbells will work great.
- A kettlebell – It is probably one of the most versatile pieces of exercise equipment that you can get today. Aside from being extremely useful for muscle building, a kettlebell can also help strengthen the core, improve your balance, and boost your cardiovascular health.
- A skipping rope – If you have a high enough ceiling or a yard or garden where you can work out on, then getting yourself a good quality skipping rope should be one of your priorities.
This simple piece of equipment will target your cardio and improve your overall rhythm. You do not need to get a fancy weighted skipping rope, especially if you are on a tight budget. You can use a regular one that you can adjust according to your height.
- A quality yoga mat – Even if you decide not to practice yoga yet, a yoga mat can help you with your other exercises, like crunches, push-ups, dips, and other bodyweight workouts. If you will be doing HIIT, you will be using yoga mats extensively, so you should probably get two.
By gathering all these items, you will have an easier time working out at home and have a wonderful experience when trying to reach your fitness goals.