Losing weight is unfortunately a constant theme for many people, and many people think that their weight loss days need to be perfect to lose body fat. This is what advertisement often makes us believe, but which is in fact far from reality. Small changes in your daily life also can make a difference, and this changes start where all action comes from: in your mind. Find in this article a brief overview how your attitude can help you with weightloss.
Your attitude is a key factor for weightloss
Slight changes in your attitude, focus and persistance can already help to start losing weight. Habitual changes are hard work and take time. Be patient with yourself and keep your motivation up, because improving habits will help you to make your daily lifestyle more healthy. Here are some examples for changes in your daily lifestyle, which make a difference on the scale:
- Integrate more activity into your daily live (going for a walk after dinner, taking the stairs, walking to the next bus stop by feet)
- Grow your health knowledge with books, magazines and websites. Print articles, pictures or illustrations which inspire you and pin them on a visible location in your home
- Inform yourself thoroughly about health consequences of certain habits (e.g. smoking, drinking of alcohol, lack of movement). This will increase your awareness for a healthy lifestyle
- Learn how to cook and eat healthy
- Cook and eat more fresh and natural instead of consuming convenience products
- Prepare healthy food by yourself instead of buying ready made food from the supermarket
- Keep track of your progress with a training journal and pictures of yourself. Before/after pictures can be very motivating when you see your progress
- Learn how to motivate yourself to change and keep going
What is your motivation to lose weight?
Listen to yourself and understand yourself better, because this will help you to stay motivated and follow your goal. What are you all about? Do you want to improve your movements, release your back pain or just lose some kilos? Meditation can help you to understand yourself better (here you can read more about positive effects of meditation) and can be performed really easy:
- Sit comfortably in a quiet place
- Close your eyes and calm your breath
- Calm your breath and imagine it flowing through your nostrils in and out
- Listen inside yourself and watch your thoughts
- Let thoughts and feelings pass by
- Do this for a few minutes, and you will feel more relaxed and calm
- The more experienced you are with meditation, the easier it will be to relax and let go
- With a clear mind you can concentrate better on evaluating your motivation. Ask yourself what you really want and be patient to answer this question
Why does the day not have to be perfect for you to lose weight?
Nobody is perfect and that is not necessary. However, as already mentioned, there are several factors that promote weight loss, and others that are contraproductive. You need to create a healthy day-to-day life that leaves room for individual “mistakes” or “weaknesses” to find a strategy that fits in with your life and works for you personally.
Here are some examples for habits, which are definitely not promoting weight loss, but which do not need to be contraproductive:
- Going with friends to a pub or wine bar and having too many drinks
- Eating fast food or pizza
- Freaking out in «candy land»
- Spending your leisure time in front of your TV without moving an inch
The best thing your can do is getting used to enjoying in moderation. In general it is ok to do such things once a week, because so called «cheating days» can help to keep motivated when following a weight loss program. But also on your cheating days you should try to consume in moderation. If you see that your scale display is not improving, maybe your cheating day still is too extreme. Take responsibility for your health and you will make progress!
In the following section you will find an overview of the most important aspects for a slim, healthy and a fit everyday life:
- Rest and sleep: Recovery is important for a healthy metabolism. If you are fully recovered, you are more motivated and have more energy for an active day (Read more: The most effective methods for quick recovery after fitness workouts)
- Positive thinking and motivation: That’s what wakes you up in the morning with a smile to tackle your tasks, and drives you to the gym when you do not feel like it. Positive thinking gets you out of your lows when a day has gone bad (Read more: How to change your life with the power of positive thinking , Motivation: 6 points for more willpower and success)
- Activate metabolism: Do everything for a healthy and active metabolism that determines your health in general, your well-being and, ultimately, your success in losing weight (Read more: How can I activate my metabolism and lose weight?)
- Exercise: The human body is made for movement. There is no best sport to lose weight, but you will only be slim and healthy if you move regularly (Read more: Health effects of flexibility training , Health effects of endurance training)
- Nutrition: A central factor in human life. Without the right “fuel” in the tank you do not have enough energy for an active, demanding everyday life. Your diet affects your metabolism enormously (Read more: Clean Eating: All you need to know about eating and cooking more mindful)
If you enjoyed this article, please share it with your friends. By doing so, you help raise awareness for human life fitness. Many Thanks!