Table of Contents Hide
Most important body weight exercises to include in a full body workout when running or biking outdoors
If you want to increase the effectiveness of your workout when you are running or biking outdoors, you can add the following bodyweight exercises to the mix. The steps are included, so you can easily make them part of your full body workout.
- Start standing up straight with your feet slightly apart.
- Lower your body down as if you are sitting on an invisible chair. Go as low as you can without squatting down.
- Hold your position for around five seconds and stand back again.
- Start in the plank position then keep your back and legs aligned and straight.
- Maintain your form as you drive one knee up to your torso then step it back to the plank position again. After that, alternate the position using the other knee.
- Do it as fast as you can without breaking your form.
- Your starting position will be you just standing up straight.
- Squat down and place your hands just underneath your armpits.
- Assume the plank position.
- Do one push-up and immediately jump to place your feet close to your hands.
- Jump straight up and clap your hands mid-air. Land softly on your feet then repeat.
- Start by positioning your body in the plank position.
- Keep your body straight and engage all your core muscles.
- Slowly bend your elbows and lower your upper body, but be careful not to let any part of you touch the ground.
- Push your body back up. Be careful to maintain your plank form.
- Start with your body in the plank position. Engage your core muscles, shoulder, and thigh muscles to keep your body straight.
- Slowly lower one of your forearms to the ground, keeping your shoulder over your elbow then follow with the other forearm.
- Place one palm under the shoulder, follow with the other, and push up until you are back to your starting position. Repeat.
Alternating Side Lunges
- Start with your feet slightly apart.
- Without moving your left foot, step your right foot to the side.
- Bend your right knee and lower your body as low as you can. Clasp your hands in front of you while you lunge.
- Kick up your right foot to return to your starting position.
- Repeat steps 1 to 4 with the left foot. Continue alternating.
Whether you are running or biking, you can pause a bit and do any one of these other exercises so you can make the most out of your workout.