There’s nothing like a good relaxation plan, especially this year when we’ve had to endure so much pressure. We all have different ways to find a moment of peace and quiet: meditate, take a good bath, sleep, put on a face mask. There’s nothing like a good relaxation plan, especially this year when we’ve had to endure so much pressure. We all have different ways to find a moment of peace and quiet: meditate, take a good bath, sleep, put on a face mask. But what about a whole experience? Imagine being pampered as if you were a baby and adult life never happened? Yes, there is such a place where you can turn back time, or better yet, turn it off altogether. Let’s talk about the 5 best spa treatments you can enjoy – as soon as traveling is possible again.
- Pack your bags, we’re off to the best facial in the world. According to fathomaway.com’s official ranking, this Swiss anti-aging jewel facial is part of the spa experience at the SixSenses Hotel franchise in Switzerland and is 60 minutes of pure pleasure. It includes a bamboo scrub and a “Royal Jelly” derived from indigenous plants.
- Ready for a royal hammam? Morocco has it. The Royal Mansour Marrakesh Spa offers more than one hammam, but the Signature Hammam “offers options reminiscent of three Moroccan regions: the Atlas Mountains (lavender and holy basil), Taliounie (saffron) and Kalaat M’Gouna (roses).”
- Third place in the ranking goes to a safari spa: yes, you read that right. The Nihioka Spa Safari offers an exotic experience with walks in the jungle or on white sand beaches and massages for as long as you want. You can opt for a partial or full day option, and both include UNLIMITED treatments for the entire time.
- The Ayurvedic cleansing ritual is the star at The Oberoi Sukhvilas Spa Resort in India and should be done daily. A special therapist cleanses your eyes and the rest of your body with special oils and even your airways with medicinal smoke.
- In fifth place is a hammam treatment with traditional soap at Babylonstoren, in South Africa. The description of the place is enough to make you dream about it: it’s a “private, marble-strewn steam room with a heated flagstone treatment table and a beautiful blue mosaic ceiling,” and they give you a message so sublime you’ll never forget it.