Beauty and health professionals operating a spa need to keep up with the newest trends in the industry to ensure that their services remain interesting and fresh to their new and existing client base. The best spa is one that provides the most memorable experiences to their clients by offering the best and the most up-to-date services.
All the offered services should focus on pampering, relaxing, and de-stressing clients. You will instantly know that you have visited one of the best spas in the industry if it offers the following services:
- Massage – Most people visit a spa to get a relaxing massage – among the most popular being the deep tissue and the Swedish massage. While the deep tissue massage focuses on using firm pressure and working on especially tight body areas, the Swedish massage applies firm strokes over your entire body without putting in more focused and deeper work. Another popular type of massage that a spa should offer is aromatherapy. It makes use of essential oils in achieving relaxation or any other purpose. There is also what we call as the hot stone massage, which makes use of rounded and smooth basalt stones heated in water. These stones are capable of retaining heat that are enough to relax and give warmth to your muscles. Some of the best spas in the industry also offer a couple’s massage, allowing you to enjoy any of their offered massage together with a loved one.
- Hydrotherapy – Another nice service offered by a spa that can give you an invigorating experience is hydrotherapy. In most cases, this therapeutic spa involves submerging in a salt-infused and scented tub. This can give you a luxurious and relaxing underwater experience. Hydrotherapy also uses pulsating air jets to knead your tight and sore muscles into submission. The air jets work in strongly stroking each part of your body.
- Body Scrub – A body scrub is a great way to rejuvenate, invigorate, and exfoliate your skin and lymphatic system. It is one service that a good spa should not forget to offer to its clients. Several products can be used in performing the body scrub, including Himalayan salt, sea salt, sugar, essential oils, herbs, and carrier oil. The scrub can be applied to your entire body or on different body parts as an additional treatment.
You can also get a cleansing back scrub or relaxing foot scrub, which is a great add-on to a massage. What is good about getting a scrub is that it produces an exfoliating and cleansing effect, keeping the areas scrubbed soft and clean. A great spa is also capable of giving clients a more customized and personalized experience by creating a blend that specifically meets the demands and requirements of their clients.
- Paraffin Treatment – This spa treatment is one that can be applied in different parts of the body as a means of inducing deep-heated relaxation. It also helps soften the skin. As part of the usual services offered by a good spa, the majority of clients prefer to get the treatment on their hands and feet. What is good about paraffin treatment is that it also helps relieve arthritis symptoms, as well as those from Raynaud’s syndrome and hypothermia.
- Body Wraps – Getting a body wrap treatment from a reliable spa can soothe both your muscles and skin. The entire session can take around one hour to one and a half hour. What is good about body wraps is that they can significantly reduce the stress of those who decided to try it out. It is relaxing plus it is capable of increasing your skin’s elasticity and suppleness. It requires the use of a few supplies and products, like seaweed, clay, mud, or any other ingredients but it is all worth it because of the numerous advantages it offers.
- Facials – A facial treatment is also one of the most sought-after services in a spa. In fact, it has different versions, making it quite confusing at first which one to choose. One thing you have to remember, though, is that despite its different names, the basic steps involved in a facial are actually the same – cleansing, exfoliating, extracting, massaging, and applying a mask. The only thing that makes them different is the set of skincare products used in them. If you are unsure what specific facial treatment to take advantage of, you can always consult a front desk staff for recommendations. You may also allow an esthetician to look at your skin to find the most suitable facial treatment for it. If you want, you can take advantage of some facial extras, including gentle peel, additional time for foot and scalp massage, or special facial equipment, such as LED light therapy.
For a spa to be categorized as one of the best in the industry, it is crucial for it to offer the most reliable and relaxing body and skincare services, including the ones mentioned above. Other services that they can offer are body exfoliation, body tanning, hair removal services like waxing and electrolysis, and makeup services. Each service should be offered in a way that it can result in relaxed and happy clients that are more likely to come back because of their amazing spa experience.