- Top 7 Brain workouts good for your mental strength and healthYour brain plays a major role in almost everything that you have to do every day. With that in mind, it makes sense to give it proper care. One way to care for your brain and improve your mental health is to exercise it often. By exercising your brain regularly, you can improve your focus …
- 8 main reasons why you should try PilatesYou’ve always wondered why Pilates is so popular and have never taken a course yourself? Pilates is one of the most effective ways to improve your physical and mental well-being. Training aims to strengthen the muscles, strengthen the cardiovascular system and improve movement coordination, posture and body awareness. Pilates is also used for therapeutic purposes. …
- Pros and cons: group training vs individual trainingDo you prefer to train alone or in a group? What is better for you? Both forms of training have advantages and disadvantages and their usefulness depends on your personality and sports discipline. Read this article to its conclusion and let us know if you share our opinion. Should you include both forms of training …
- How can I activate my metabolism and lose weight?Most fitness athletes want to learn about their metabolism to better understand how they can live healthier or lose weight more effectively. Find here the most important information about the function and activation of your metabolism. Why does a person need a metabolism? Due to its metabolism, humans can gain energy and construction materials from …
Why are workouts important?
The health advantages of regular workouts
Why is it so important to always keep fit and to participate regularly in “workouts” or to organize them for yourself? Workouts, regardless of duration and intensity, are targeted training sessions that can include anything that is good for you and your health. It does not matter too much how you keep yourself fit, because movement of all sorts has multiple health effects. For example with a hiking tour, a session of Pilates. jogging, yoga or an outdoor fitness workout you can
- decrease the risk for certain diseases, such as heart diseases, obesity or diabetes
- improve your overall life quality and well-being
- increase your health and fitness level in general
- can greatly increase specific abilities, such as strength, endurance, coordination and flexibility, depending on the type of workout
- reduce the risk of injuries if you set up the training according to your health and training level
Long-term maintenance of your health
Workouts and a physical active lifestyle are regarded as essential aspects of staying physically and mentally healthy in the long-term. An active and healthy metabolism also has a positive effect on your mental performance as the oxygen and nutrient supply of the grey cells is very important for concentration and thinking. Additionally it helps you to lose weight and maintain a healthy weight in the long term. Read more about How you can activate your metabolism and lose weight.
Do you prefer to do sports alone or in a group?
Regardless of the content of the training session, you can do workouts alone or in groups. Of course, there are advantages and disadvantages of both forms of training. In the end, you have to decide by yourself which workout form is most motivating and fun for you. This makes a difference when you want to keep motivated in the long run.
Read more about them in this article: pros and cons: Group training vs. individual training.
How to motivate yourself to workout
We show you how to get motivated for an active lifestyle
- In our “Motivation Tag Archive” you can find motivation articles
- Make sure you have a look at our inspiring Instagram posts (“qiiinspiration” – gallery)
- Make sure you read this article: How you can reach your big goals
Are supplements just a waste of money or are they good?
Since there are many factors that are important in answering this question, a consultation with a nutritionist can help you.
For example, a blood analysis can be used to find out whether you have a deficiency of certain nutrients. Such a deficiency can have several reasons, such as intolerances, metabolic disorders, your current state of health, your daily diet or training. If you are training a lot, it may be useful to supplement your nutritional intake with high quality supplements.
However, you can cover a large part of the required nutrients, even during intensive training, with a balanced and healthy diet. If you want to know if supplements are good for you, you should consult a dietitian and have yourself tested for deficiency of certain nutrients.
How can I get a flat stomach?
An active lifestyle and a healthy diet are the key to a flat stomach. If you want to lose weight and tone up your body muscles, live more actively and follow at least every other day of an activity that you enjoy.
This can be for example Yoga, jogging, cycling or fitness training. Any activity will help you to improve your metabolism and burn body fat.
Is it possible to learn bodyweight workouts without a trainer?
With special training cards, books, study programs or exercise posters, it is possible for anyone to properly learn the basics of fitness training, also training with your own body weight.
However, you should make sure that your training materials are up-to-date and developed by professional trainers. It is also advisable to train with a personal trainer or to attend a group course at regular intervals so that you receive expert feedback on your posture and exercise routines. Even light exercises can be harmful if you do them wrong.
What are the top best workout exercises for starters?
There is no general recommendation as to which exercises are best for designing a workout program. Which exercises make sense in your training depends primarily on your abilities and your health.
For example, yoga is a generally recommended discipline with versatile movements, many of which you should not do or only in modified version if you have back problems. It is important that you get professional advice before starting a new exercise program. This will make sure that your training program is tailored to you and really helps you.
How long will it take for one to start seeing results?
The time it takes to reach your training goal depends on many factors. Your commitment and lifestyle, but also your own metabolism are highly relevant. By matching your diet, training and lifestyle to your training goal, you ensure that you reach your goal in a time-efficient manner.